It can be hard to love webinars, even though they have amazing potential.
Very few of them are interesting for the audience.
The reasons break down into three areas: Content issues, Structural issues, and Speaker issues.
Audiences are happy to tell us why:
- the content was boring
- it was just a sales pitch
- the slides didn’t work
- it wasted my time
- it wasn’t memorable
- it didn’t seem to have a point
- they took too long to get started
- if there was more than 1 person the handoffs were clumsy
- they didn’t seem to know how to end it
- the presenter was boring or nervous or didn’t seem to know what they were doing
- they went too slowly
- they went too fast
- the presenter wasn’t a good speaker
What the audiences can’t tell us is how to fix these issues.
They don’t know how to fix the problems, they just know what the problems are.